posted to rec.boats.electronics
GregS GregS is offline

Default What speakers will fit in a Boat arch

In article , "Robert L Bass" sales@bassburglaralarms wrote:
I would NOT put Russound speakers into that environment...

The manufacturer disagrees with you, Bill. The following is from their
write-up on Outback series speakers:

"... OutBack Two-Way indoor / outdoor
speakers provide rugged, versatile, weatherproof,
high-quality sound anywhere. OutBack speakers
are engineered with water-resistant, weather-tight
cabinets, and feature specially-selected drivers
capable of withstanding rain, snow, heat, salt
water and the sun's UV rays..."

These are indeed marine grade speakers. I recommended them because I've also
listened to them and they sound very good.

I can't imagine fitting those into the arch. Ported speakers
are not the best for a marine invironment. You also
need 4 ohm drivers for mobile audio. Home audio speakers are also
inefficient for mobile work,.Most speakers made today are waterproof
from the front side.

greg