Dennis Pogson Dennis Pogson is offline

Default Cruising Spinnaker Question ..

NE Sailboat wrote:
I am purchasing a cruising spinnaker second hand. I have never used
one before. I looked up on the net and the pictures I saw showed a
piece of wrap that goes around the forestay and the furled up jib
which is on the forestay.

This is so the tack of the cruising spinnaker is up and high enough
to clear the bow rail, I suppose.

Where can a buy that wrap piece?

Does the tack have an extension to it so that the sail is off the
deck at the bow?

I haven't seen this sail yet, going down this weekend..

Thanks,,

Have a look at this snip from NG uk.rec.sailing just this morning:-

Have a look at the setup shown in this link -
http://sailingsource.com/neilpryde/n...19/19-trim.htm

Dennis.