posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Bart is offline

Default Seamanship Question #38

"Dave" wrote

"Bart" .@. said:
Have you seen triple coils used for line? What seems to work best is the
taper the size of the loops as you build our three coils.

Never have. The place we used to use faking was in laying down a 4 point
mooring for diving. You laid the 4 anchors in a square pattern, and then
ran
a 5" nylon line out to each using the motor whale boat. The line had to go
in the MWB because the MWB wouldn't be able to haul it out if the line
were
faked on the ship's deck. With the line in the MWB the drag didn't change
perceptibly as you got further from the ship.

MWB? Middle Weight Boxer?