posted to rec.boats.building

Default Rapairing an AVON Inflatable

"My Avon is a 1984 model. Was Hypalon being used back then?"
Yes, Hypalon was used back then. At our club we have a few Avon made during
the early eighty and late seventy.They are still in use and look in fair
condition. Most of their owners keep them inflated all year. They are used
from early may to early October. During the off season they are stored in
their garages. The best looking one are store indoor when not in use. My
friend brings his Avon when he needs it and bring it back into his garage
when not in use. Although his Avon is about 20 years old it looks almost
new.

"jim.isbell" wrote in message
oups.com...

Garland Gray II wrote:
AFAIK, all Avons are hypalon, so PVC patches would not work. Get a proper
repair kit for hypalon and follow those instructions.

I thought Hypalon was a recent development and that the older
inflatables were PVC. My Avon is a 1984 model. Was Hypalon being used
back then?