Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Grills

In article .com,
"Bob" wrote:

Skip Gundlach wrote:
Well, Magma sux.

We went to get our grill today, and two successive lid latches fell
apart on exercising them. Back to the drawing board.

Hmmm. We just got a second Magma after the first died after a decade of
heavy use. We could probably have replaced a couple of parts and kept it
running, but I wanted the "party" size, so I can more-easily cook
flotilla-sized servings. Were pleasantly surprised to also get the hinge
-- which has worked for 2-3 seasons now. Ours have been the round ones,
and we couldn't be happier.

Do you realllllly need a grill? When I got my boat that was the first
think I removed. I gave it to friend living in an old building with
iron fire escapes. He bolted on and used it twice. He said it was
too much of a pain.

Iknow this is a real life style choice but will you really burn that
much flesh to justify the cost and head aches?

We use ours for more than meats. Ours makes a great single-burner stove.
Even can bake in it, though we haven't tried that enough to get the
technique down pat except for foil-wrapped veggies and other easy stuff
like that.

When it's hot, it's far more useful than the galley stove, and forget
about an oven.

--
Jere Lull