JohnH

Default OT OT OT OT OT OT OT

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 23:26:41 GMT, "Bill Cole" wrote:

Capt,
If I was a betting man my guess would be ....... NO. This OT signal to
noise ratio has been high for years and shows no sign of stopping.

While it would be nice for rec.boats to be about recreational boating, if
you really want a forum devoted to rec.boats it is best if you go to a
moderated NG. This NG is about general bull****, some good info, some bad
info, but the majority of posts will be off topic.

"frank news" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Gads I am sick of all the off topic posts. Are we gonna discuss boats or
what!

Capt. Frank

FWIW, I have posted the following more than once and received not one reply. I
suppose all the smart guys are caught up in politics.
__________
My 5.7L Mercruiser sterndrive has seen seven seasons and 350 hours, all in the
Chesapeake Bay. About 3 years ago I removed the exhaust manifolds and risers,
had them burned and magna-fluxed (no problems) and returned them to service. I'm
thinking that I may need to be pre-emptive here. The end of this season may be a
good time to replace them.

Questions. Are any brands better than others in terms of holding up to salt
water? Some are advertized as 'ceramic lined'. Is this a big advantage? Are
stainless steel manifolds and risers worth the increased cost? Where would be a
good place to order parts from?

Thanks for any help you can provide. I remain, respectfully,

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD