Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default The jungle drums...

On 19 Oct 2006 15:21:04 -0700, wrote:

Tom Francis wrote:
are silent.

This is not a good sign. :)

I know, I know.

Next comes the bass solo!

Sadly, it's been done.

And just so we can keep this legal, jungles generally have rivers,
rivers generally have boats.

Along with drums.

----------------
Disclaimer: This is a boating post and applies to boaters. It is not
intended to provoke, annoy, irritate, bother, aggravate, anger,incite,
inflame, infuriate or create controversy resulting in unacceptable
behavior on the part of other posters nor is it intended to generate
political commentary or off-topic debate.

You are right. I remember when we were in the Amazon a couple of years ago,
they called us to dinner via jungle drum. Was actually a very cool drum.
Have to look though the old pictures and post. Was a large section of log,
with slots and a hollowed out area. Very mello tone that carried a long
way. But maybe because we were next to the Amazon where it is a mile wide,
and 1100 miles from the head waters and 2300 miles from the ocean, and
dugout canoes we got to ride in (besides large aluminum outboards) it just
seemed cool.