[email protected] dcboat@freeuk.com is offline

Default Boat Transport across Mexico?

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of (or even useful comments on)
trucking a boat across the Isthmus of Tehuantepec? I'm planning on
getting from the Caribbean to the West Coast of the US sometime after
Christmas - this looks like a possible alternative to Panama (saving
thousands of miles!) or trucking from Florida orTexas. While I'm at
it, how about trucking from the North end of the Sea of Cortez to say,
San Diego, to avoid the California current and headwinds? We're
talking about 4 tons of long-keeled steel 26 footer here, so it
wouldn't need a huge vehicle.

any help much appreciated.

David