posted to rec.boats.electronics
Electricky Dicky Electricky Dicky is offline

Default Overspeed alarm based on alternator frequency

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 05:52:24 +0200, "Steve Lusardi"
wrote:

Colin,
I'm really confused. If you already know so much about alternators, why ask
your question to the group in the first place? Glenn has expressed very
valid concerns when equiping an engine with an alternator. It appears that
you have out engineered yourself. If you need to spin your alternator 8k rpm
to get it to perform, you have clearly chosen the wrong alternator. Go out
and buy a proper large magnet Leese-Neville industrial grade alternator and
spin the thing acording to OEM instructions. Problem solved.
Steve

Colin did not originally ask about specifying an alternator,he was
discussing engine overspeed alarm requirements.
The alternator he indicated is a Leece-Neville!

I cannot see the problem with his setup!

Richard

Nb "Pound Eater" Parkend G+S