posted to rec.boats.electronics
b393capt b393capt is offline

Default Senator Carl Marcellino - stance on local sailing issues ?

Yes, Oyster Bay Long Island

The town upgraded the entire water front along west end avenue. It is
very impressive to walk through their now. In the original site plan
local marina would have moved into a larger building at the edge of the
water next to the docks, with class rooms for marine programs, etc.

Instead, they had to move all their boats and maintenance sheds to a
far corner of the property far from the docks, the fundraising program
for the new building is in limbo because the siting of their building
is no longer certain, and they have suffered other cutbacks on what
they can do at the waterfront before the improvements were made.

luc wrote:
b393capt wrote:
Strictly speaking on the environment and sailing issues, does anyone
know if he is for or against allowing the local marina to expand? I
know he was part of getting the water front in oyster bay upgraded, but
that project does not seem to have helped the local marina and marine
education programs as much as I had hoped.

The marina won't talk about it, being careful about their not for
profit status. Thought I would ask hear to see if anyone knows any
facts.

Thanks
Dan

Are you talking Oyster Bay on Long Island north shore? What did they
do for an upgrade?