Garth Almgren

Default Outboard Engine change out check list?

On 5/11/2004 12:41 PM, Gary Warner wrote:

wrote in message

We took my Mercury off my last boat and reinstalled it (so we could tip
the hull over to paint and fix things. Some things:

-- When we put the engine back on we put some metal plates on the
inside of the transom to help distribte the weight more.

Always a good idea. When I remount my motor, I'm going to put an
aluminum plate on the outside as well.

-- Don't forget to calk the holes with something (M101 ??).

Just what *is* the best kind of caulk to use on through-transom bolts,
anyway? Is 101 good enough?

5200 would probably do the job just fine, but it's a *little* too
permanent for for my tastes.

--
~/Garth - 1966 Glastron V-142 Skiflite: "Blue-Boat"
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing