posted to rec.boats.building
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default Interboat datasharing?

"Bangtabuck" wrote in message
ps.com...
I'm an engineering student and we're into sea-related businesses. My
group's idea was to share weather data between ships automatically,
allowing high-traffic areas to be relativily closely monitored. The
data would probably flow on a radio frequency, although we might be
able to compress it enough that it wouldn't interfere with voice
traffic. However, none of us have experience with boats, and we were
wondering if anyone had any insight into the validity of the idea.

You looking to build a commercial product or is this a toy for a sailing
club?

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River