posted to rec.boats.building
Bangtabuck Bangtabuck is offline

Default Interboat datasharing?

I'm an engineering student and we're into sea-related businesses. My
group's idea was to share weather data between ships automatically,
allowing high-traffic areas to be relativily closely monitored. The
data would probably flow on a radio frequency, although we might be
able to compress it enough that it wouldn't interfere with voice
traffic. However, none of us have experience with boats, and we were
wondering if anyone had any insight into the validity of the idea.