posted to rec.boats.paddle
Courtney Courtney is offline

Default Pelican/Coleman canoe seat separation

From looking at that picture, that is so much of a manufacturer warranty
issue that I can't understand why they wouldn't replace it. I worked in the
industry, though not for Coleman or Pelican, and can see clearly that they
should replace this. Did you send them the picture? I'm assuming that you
did. Have you tried calling them and talking to a manager or even the
president of the company?

Courtney

"Steve B." wrote in message
y.telekom.at...
Wonder if anyone's seen anything like this before?
http://www.geocities.com/sblume/download3.jpg
http://www.pelican-intl.com/touring.html

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colem...tegoryid=66001

This is the second season of lake canoeing for us. The water can get a

bit
choppy. Sunlight on the black seats heat them up pretty good. Except for
the trip from the dealer, the canoe has not been transported. A couple of
weeks ago we noticed tears in the midships and bow seats. The midships

seat
has never been used. There are three tears, each about two inches long at
the 90 degree bend where the seat meets the gunnel.When we contacted the
dealer, he in turn contacted Pelican. We were advised that the separation
was likely from canoeing without the seat pedestals, (no, never done that)
and they could send us some metal brackets to patch the tears. They did

not
offer to replace the seats, in spite of a "two year limited warrantee".
Anyone have a similar experience?

Steve
sblume at yahoo dot com