posted to rec.boats.paddle
Grip Grip is offline

Default Another Beginner seeking advice...

Ryan,

Looking for a cheap rec boat to start in, just get what you can afford,
although I would look for used personally, often times someone will throw in
the PFD and paddle. Rec'rs are all wide, stable, and pretty much handle the
same, so no need to be too picky. Dick's, Gander Mt., look for sales if you
need to buy new...OR oufitters that rent boats will often sell off the fleet
at the end of each season, you may get something more in the line of a
touring boat for the same price.

wrote in message
oups.com...
My budget is pretty low. I have to keep it under $500 for a
recreational kayak, paddle, and life vest. I would love to hear some
recommendations. I live in northern indiana so I'm not planning on any
white water.

I've only been able to rent kayaks and finding them to buy has been
very difficult in my area, especially used kayaks.

The only thing I've been able to find in my range is a Otter Super
Sport at Dick's Sporting Goods. Is this a waste of my money?

If anyone knows a good place to start looking in my area I would
greatly appreciate it.

Thank You,

Ryan Grayson
ryangrayson (at) gmail (dot) com