Calif Bill

Default boat trailer winch sizing

"Marshall Banana" wrote in message
Also Sprach Dan Krueger :

My vote is for a nylon strap over a cable any day.

I used to think so, but they have a nasty habit of deteriorating from the
sunlight, and failing with little warning. Mine started to tear as I was
winching the boat up, luckily I carry a come-along in my truck toolbox, so
I pulled the cable of that and put it on my trailer winch.

Dan

--
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he
is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe and not

Mine broke, so just cut off a bad piece and then tied the strap to the hook
and winched up the boat.
Bill