posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Bart is offline

Default Heart of Gold Sailing

Capt. Rob wrote:
Bart, my Florida sails are so mildewed it's almost funny. No more Mylar
for me, though it would fair better here. I'm going with dacron
cruising sails...nothing fancy, full battons with the Doyle Stackpack
and a new 110%.

Many sail boats trade hands over and again and never get a
new suit of sails. When I picked up HOOT it still had sails
from 1978-1980 timeframe. I was glad to find a nearly new
set for that boat.

You are making a wise decision purchasing new sails.
Dacron is not a bad choice. I see you didn't go overboard
on a monster genoa either. That will make the boat much
easier to sail.

Do you have a track system on the boat to go with those
full battens? I've been thinking about getting a Strong Track
system--one more thing on my list of upgrades.

What do you have for nylon sails?