[email protected] jaykchan@hotmail.com is offline

Default Fogging Through Air Intake Silencer?

TomC wrote:
wrote in article
. com...
TomC wrote:
Eisboch wrote in article

"TomC" wrote in message

My 2000 version of that motor (2 stroke) has 4 plastic round plugs

in
the
middle of the silencer that can be removed which provides better

access
the carbs. I plan on spraying through them.

The 115 Merc on my former Dauntless (now my son-in-laws') had the

same
thing. Pop the plugs, fog, and reinsert the plugs. Mine was a 2001.

Eisboch

This is my first season with my boat (2000 Sea Ray 180) and I bought

the
same Seloc manual. While it is full of information, it's not very motor
specific; so, there is a certain amount of reasonable deduction

(guessing)
that has to be done. But, it's a learning experience and part of the

fun
;-)
TomC

Yes, I have exactly the same feeling. I end up ordering a copy of the
manual (not sure the name of the manual off the top of my head) from
Mercury Marine through internet. Its price is high considering the
fact that it doesn't have that many pages. It has enough info related
to winterizing the lower unit and is specific to the model of outboard
that I have. This surely is reassuring.

Jay Chan

I believe the price was around $80 for the Mercury Marine manual. I was
trying to find a copy at a local library to see if it was worth the money
but had no luck. I ran across the Seloc manual for something under $30 and
figured that if nothing else it would be a could primer for outboard
motors. So, let me know if you think the factory manual is worth the bucks.
TIA
TomC

No, I don't mean their technical manual. What I have is something more
oriented for a boat-owner instead of a boat mechanic (that's why it has
winterizing procedure). I don't remember the price; but I believe it
was something like $25.

Sorry for disappointing you.

Jay Chan