posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Heart of Gold Sailing

You should tell Bob L to quit zig zagging, and make sure your new sails

are cut above the handrails. Still looks like a nice sail.

The thing is that when sheeted in, hard on the wind, that sail sits
nearly flush with the deck, as designed for the below deck furler. But
at some points, the lifelines are in the way. The folks at Doyle will
be aboard next week for a quick look at the set and we'll see what will
work best. Looks like the stackpack is a sure-fire bet. Prefer it
greatly over the Dutchman, though that system has less windage when
down. The cool thing is how neat the reefing is with the stackpack.

If you didn't see the vid to windward, here it is. Suzanne has a bad
schedule this week...not much sailing until Thursday I'm afraid. And
I'm hauling the boat in a few weeks...boo hoo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RivCUMzy4xc

RB
35s5
NY