posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Bart is offline

Default UAV's, for cruising and racing

It would be a nice option for an auto also. I can see
a navigator in a car using one of these in the desert
while cruising at high speed.

I have a few friends that offered to take pictures of
my boat from RC helicopters. I plan to take them
up on it when the boat is a bit further along and more
presentable.

Joe wrote:
War always brings new technology to the common man.

UAV's soon we be a tool every cruiser and sailor can afford.

It would be nice to throw a little plane up into the air to scout a
nice anchorage, look for fish, make sure the harbor ahead is not full
of pirates, check on a friends during races ect...

This is one of the cheapest going now:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/intell...n-eye-pics.htm

Fits in a backpack has about a 10 mile working range.
Made with COTS items.

Joe