Steve Daniels, Seek of Spam

Default Onan Generator

On Sun, 09 May 2004 08:21:13 GMT, something compelled
, to say:

Will start and run as ling as I hold the start button. When let up on start
button the thing dies. What is gong on and how do I correct?

There is probably a separate circuit to the coil (I'm assuming
this in not a diesel) that is energized with the start button.
It sounds like this one is fine, and allows the motor to run as
long as the button is pressed. The regular ignition circuit is
open, so when you let up on the button, the motor dies for lack
of spark.

I'd get busy with the circuit tester.