Frank Boettcher Frank Boettcher is offline

Default deck painting ... yikes

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:58:48 -0400, Sailaway
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:20:41 GMT, "Thomas Wentworth"
wrote:

What brand two part ? .. tell me more..

Frank Boettcher replied:
Imron, Awlgrip, or any other two part catalyzed polyurethane. Should
be sprayed. Be careful, wear breathing protection. Other than that
sprays like an acrilic enamel.

Frank,
Just a curiosity question: I have read a number of stories about people
repainting their boats with 2 part paints. Do they first remove the
Gelcoat down to fiberglass, or is the polyurethane painted over the
Gelcoat? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks

I've never heard of anyone removing the gelcoat to overcoat with
Catpoly. I didn't, although I had to feather in a number of repairs
when I was fixing some core rot areas.

Frank