[email protected] mike.e.worrall@abc.com is offline

Default deck painting ... yikes

Roll and Tip is well documented at various on-line sites. Here's a
good place to start:

http://www.yachtpaint.com/USA/hotlin...ion_manual.pdf

Unlike traditional 'paint', 2 part LPU's have a consistency (viscosity)
not much different than water. One applies them in multiple, very thin
coats allowing sufficient cure time between coats. Too, the humidity
must be - and remain at - well below 50% from application through
initial cure, or you'll lose gloss. This mens that patience is
required, waiting for the right day to apply the paint (which probably
won't coincide with your life schedule,,,). Precision is a key to
success with LPU - it's not difficult to apply, but surface prparation
(including an epoxy based primer) are mandatory.

Do consider what effect applying any paint to your deck will have on
the existing non-skid surface (if any).

MW

Thomas Wentworth wrote:
Frank ,, thanks for the input but the spraying deal won't work.. the marina
would go nuts. I did email a couple of sailors who told me how they painted
their decks with two part, used a roller and tipped with brush.