Thomas Wentworth Thomas Wentworth is offline

Default deck painting ... yikes

Frank ,, thanks for the input but the spraying deal won't work.. the marina
would go nuts. I did email a couple of sailors who told me how they painted
their decks with two part, used a roller and tipped with brush.

------------
"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:20:41 GMT, "Thomas Wentworth"
wrote:

What brand two part ? .. tell me more..

Imron, Awlgrip, or any other two part catalyzed polyurethane. Should
be sprayed. Be careful, wear breathing protection. Other than that
sprays like an acrilic enamel.

-----------------------------------
"Rich Hampel" wrote in message
Brightsides wilI fade and begin to chalk in a few years, will fill-in
non-skid, etc. Better to use a 2 part .... less work in the long-run.

n article PqyPg.4291$o1.2424@trndny04, Thomas Wentworth
wrote:

Yesterday I was looking and thinking ........ maybe I should do some
painting of my deck. Fiberglass.

Anyway,, last spring I used some one part paint I got at West. It was
the
best stuff; Brightside 1-Part Polyurethane Enamel

I'm sure some of you have painted fiberglass decks. What are some of
the
secrets you learned while doing the work? Any tricks?

What paint did you use? How about prep? Did you work around the
stanchion
bases, etc.?

The thought of taking all the hardware off the deck is
&^%$#

I got to thinking, choose a small area and do that then do another
area.
Try to keep the job manageable.

Any input.