Wayne.B

Default Kicking and screaming into the present

On 06 May 2004 05:15:23 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

I think I'll wait until I evolve into the modern
age just a bit more. If I set up a laptop computer, it would use up too much of
the space I keep reserved for charts. :-)

Once you get used to the idea you'll end up using the laptop as a
paper weight for your unused charts. Next, you'll wonder why you
bought the single purpose chart plotter. On a boat like yours with a
nice dry helm location, a laptop is really all you need. I haven't
bought a paper chart in single sheet format in quite a while. Chart
books and a spare hand held GPS or two will definitely get the job
done in an emergency.