nospamgoingjag nospamgoingjag is offline

Default Mercruiser dies suddenly - occassionally - sorry for the length of this

Thanks all for the replies. It's kind of hard working with him
remote.

The reason I had mentioned the single wire alternator and the circuit
breaker is it "seemed" to shut down about the time you would think the
batteries have recharged from a start, and therefore the internal
voltage regular would be cutting out. So I was thinking there might
be some correlation there, especially if the circuit breaker is
expecting something different in the way of a voltage/amperage drop,
and maybe moisture adds to the resistance, then once it burns off the
moisture the circuit breaker is more willing to "tolerate" the
smaller differential because the batteries are already topped up from
the previous start.

I guess I'll see if he'll run a hot wire from a separate switch to the
ignition since that would be an easy thing to do, and he has a pretty
good shutdown routine that he follows because burning a dock down in
Menemsha would be an expensive proposition!

Thanks again for the ideas.