Bill Kiene

Default boat recomendation

Hi Bill,

After lots of research, I would love to have a boat that size with a diesel
engine and standard through hull propeller.

I am not saying this is a must, but you might look into it.

Larger boats, trucks and RVs can be fuel hogs with gasoline power.

Safety is also a plus with diesel fuel.

I think Mercruiser or Volvo are both good.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

"Bill Blakley" wrote in message

I'm in the early stages of buying a used boat. Planning on spring '04
purchase. I know I want an aft cabin, 25 - 26', single engine. I've been
leaning towards Sea Ray. They have a pretty solid reputation. But, I've

seen
some good looking boats from other mfg's. Rinker, Wellcraft, Regal,
Celebrity. I'd appreciate any comments/comparisons from owners of some of
these other boats. Also, what about power plants? I've been told to stay
away from OMC. Go with Merc. Any comments? If i go with Merc, 5.7 (260) or
would I be happier with 7.4 (330)?
Thanks in advance,
Bill