posted to rec.boats.building
Ron Magen Ron Magen is offline

Default Help in learning underwater barnacle removal

IF this isn't just a 'troll', or a joke . . . I think you are setting
yourselves up for SUICIDE !!

If you have BOTH . . . *JUST* got certified . . . *HEARD* it was 'good
money' . . . {and} completely green to the coastal lifestyle {i.e. - never
been near water !!} . . . and have no idea what a 'hoka set-up' is . .
..DON'T even think about this - for now.

Check with YOUR diving school, the Coast Guard, OSHA. Visit some local
Marina's and ask who they recommend to their slip holders. Find out where
they are working, go and watch. If your still interested . . . ask them for
a job. Even if they don't hire and train you, I'm sure they will tell you
why not. Then at least you will then have an idea of what you have to learn.

Regards & Good Luck,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

"JP" wrote in message
oups.com...
my sister and I just got certified in scuba diving and decided that we
wanted to start a small business cleaning barnacles off the bottom of
boats while they are still in the water (we heard it was good money).
Unfortunately I'm finding it difficult to locate any instructions on
how to do it underwater. Everything I've come across requires hoisting
the boat out of the water. I know this is a green question but I'm
completely green to the coastal lifestyle. Any help?