posted to rec.boats.building
Dan and Donna Happ Dan and Donna Happ is offline

Default AC and Heat for Boat

Please do tell us how to "roll our own." I've been thinking about doing
this exact same thing. A coil of copper tubing inside a PVC shell?
Dan

jim.isbell wrote:

I got it off E Bay, but I can tell you how to "roll your own". Its not
dificult.

MarshallE wrote:

Where do you buy a water cooled window unit?
thanks
marshall

ps. Do others have ideas for boat AC/heat?

"jim.isbell" wrote in message
oups.com...

I just recently bought a 5,000 BTU unit that is a $100 window unit
converted to water cooled. It is realatively easy to do and is far
less expensive than a "marine" AC yet the only real difference is the
water cooled condenser.

Keith wrote:

I installed a Mermaid 16k unit several years ago and it's worked
flawlessly and quietly ever since. I'd recommend them in a heartbeat.
Great value and warranty. If you've got that much to cool, I hope you
have 220V onboard.