ILMTDBear ILMTDBear is offline

Default 1961? Johnson 90 HP Engine

I looked under the engine hood, the date Feb 2, 1964 was stamped on the
foam. If it's any help, there is a model name..Meteor....if that means
anything. it's either a 64 or 65.
I have to replace the coil, I think that's what goes into the
distributor. It's craced all over the place. I think this is the reason
it won't fire. Compression is good.
chris

Ron Knapik wrote:
Is there a model number on the outboard?

Ron

"ILMTDBear" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am looking for specs for a Johnson 90 HP 4 cylinder engine. I was
told when I bought the boat last week it was a 1961 engine, but
everywhere I've looked show that Johnson didn't put a 90 HP out until
1964. Could this be right? I'm new to boating, not new to engine work.

Chris