posted to rec.boats.electronics
Gordon Wedman Gordon Wedman is offline

Default Garmin GPSMAP 378

"Zackman" u25808@uwe wrote in message news:6560158251149@uwe...
I've been looking at the Garmin GPSMAP 376, I think I might buy it. The
cost
is around $1000, but it looks like a good fit for inland water and
automobile
usage. I would use it mainly in my car ( I do alot of service calls to
new
customers in the Southeast) and in my boat which I keep within inland
waters.

Has anyone used this gps model? Any comments, suggests, etc?

If you have a laptop and a 12vdc adapter you might consider Microsoft
Streets and trips with a GPS connected to the laptop. You can get the
package on eBay for something like $200. Works great.
You then have money left over for a decent size chart plotter for the boat
or you might even consider using the laptop on the boat with charting
software and charts.