posted to rec.boats.electronics
Zackman via BoatKB.com Zackman via BoatKB.com is offline

Default Garmin GPSMAP 378

I originally looked at the 276C and it is similar to the 378, except all the
maps are preloaded for both land and inland waterways. When you add up all
the stuff included with the 378, that you would need to buy to upgrade the
276C to be like the 378, you come out ahead by buy the 378.

Lee Haefele wrote:
I helped a lady that bought a 276C, I did NOT like it. The problem was that
it was a long process to load maps and it did not hold a whole state. The
screen was also small for marine charts. If the 378 has the entire country
loaded for streets, it would be OK. The screen is small for marine charts.
I wonder if for the same price you could get 2 units? One Marine, one
streets.
Lee Haefele
I've been looking at the Garmin GPSMAP 376, I think I might buy it. The
cost

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]

Has anyone used this gps model? Any comments, suggests, etc?