Tony Thomas

Default Evinrude 48SPL

My first guess is low compression. Get a compression gauge and check.
Second would be carbs. Chances are it is not an ignition problem if it revs
fine in the drive and does not miss.

--
Tony
my boats at http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"Bear" wrote in message
I have about a 6 year old Evinrude 48 SPL that has a problem. It idles

fine
and revs fine as long as it is not in gear but once you put it in gear
there is no power and it is hard to keep it running. I checked the foot

for
gear lube and it seems fine. Put a water clamp on it and ran it in my
driveway and the prop turns freely. Rotated the prop by hand with the

engine
off and it spins freely. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your input.

Bear