Jonathan Ganz Jonathan Ganz is offline

Default lifelines with out PVC coating?

In article ,
Paul wrote:
The shroud tubing would be small PVC waterpipe -- more of a roller than a
tight fiting cover. This will let air get to the wire so corrosion
shouldn't be a problem. On the other hand, having the shrouds bare hasn't
been a problem. I suppose that if I were to be hove-to for a long time the
shroud cover would be a good way to reduce the chafing of the sheet. I've
seen this on other boats and it looks like an O.K. idea.

My boat, named "VALIS", is a Pacific Seacraft 44, hull#16. Her home port is
Sausalito, California (San Francisco Bay -- I see that we're neighbors!). I
sail locally, not as often as I would like, on the bay or sometimes out to
the Farallons. I try to do a longer voyage every year or so. So far we
have been to Hawaii and back twice, and once down to the Southern California
Channel Islands and back. I've got photos, journals, etc on the website and
blog: www.sailvalis.com

In a week or so I will be putting up photos, and perhaps some video, from
the recent Hawaii trip. The blog has some photos and daily journal entries,
from the boat, for the race to Hawaii and during the passage back.

I'm teaching this weekend with Club Nautique out of
Sausalito. Regularly sail out of Clipper on a Yamaha 30
as well.

That is one sharp boat! I've seen her for sure. I'll send you some
email from your website with more info. We should have a chat some
time.

Jonathan

--
Capt. JG @@