572

Default What Size Motor

I've got a 1993 Glastron 18ft Fish & Ski with a 90hp Johnson. With just me in
it the boat top speed is about 42mph. The 90 has been more than enought for
the cruising/tubing/fishing that we've done and has not needed any repairs in 10
years. Last year my kids wanted to try skiing and only then with a 3 or more
people in the boat did I wish I have the 150hp. But I also priced them and got
sticker shock since a new 150 is going to pretty much for what I paid for the
entire boat/motor/trailer combo back in 93. I also have concerns about the
newer outboards needing much more in the way of regular servicing (my boat
hasn't seen the dealer since I bought it) So I think an older 90hp or similar
V4 should be fine for your needs. If anyone knows of a deal on a carbed 150hp
OMC, I would be interested as well.