Douglas St. Clair

Default Rebuilding an Inboard

Perhaps a compression test would be a good place to start. Does it use
oil?
Part of the decision is personal, are you looking to make this boat

totally
low maintenance for few years? Do you take it great distances off shore

and
reliability is an issue? Is the engine a whole lot easier to remove now
than it will be later? How does cost factor in for you?

I think that answers my question. The engine will be just as accessible
down the road as it is currently. The boat is kept in inland lakes, and
probably stays within a couple miles of our dock. How does cost factor in?
I just picked up my first designated "towing vehicle" last night... I'd be
fine without spending more on the boat at the time being