posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default The 100 yard rule

That was from one a while back, but I doubt much as changed. It would have
been fairly easy to miss, except that it got a lot of press in the local
sailing community.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"DSK" wrote in message
.. .
OK, I'll take a closer look at the regs here. I wonder if it's different
in different ports. It also may be the poster at our marina was issued
just after Sept 11th and the rules was stricter.

DSK

Capt. JG wrote:
This was in the LNtM:
A 100-yard security zone is in place surrounding all cruise ships, tank
vessels, or any other vessel that the U.S. Coast Guard deems to be a high
interest vessel within San Francisco Bay, Monterey Bay and Humboldt Bay.
A security zone is in place around all U.S. Naval Vessels greater than
100-feet in length within the navigable waters of the U.S. This permanent
protection zone extends 100-yards around all naval vessels and it
includes a 500-yard slow zone in which all mariners must operate at the
minimum speed necessary.