otnmbrd otnmbrd is offline

Default OUPV question

BG Having worked/sailed with a number of individuals with "Lower Level"
licenses I can honestly say that in any number of instances there were many
of them that I would rather have with me when the sh*t hit the fan than some
"unlimiteds" I've been with ..... and vice versa.
As for 1600 ton/3m ...... I don't know what it's like now, but at one time a
3M could be a 1600 tn, but a 1600tn could not necessarily be a 3M, and as
for three syllable words....... I still prefer single syllable whenever
possible.

otn

"Bob" wrote in message
ps.com...

Hi:
There are lots of very skilled Lower Level license holders working
inland and the GOM oilfield. For example, those who actually earned
and later worked their 100 ton ticket. But again, there is that
distinction between a 1600 ton master and a Third mate
unlimited........

uhhh, may be the ability to read and use three syllable words !

Bayou Bob