Jeff Jeff is offline

Default OUPV question

Steven Shelikoff wrote:
On 14 Aug 2006 21:44:16 -0700, "psx1337" wrote:

I've read about OUPV licenses that limit you to 100 miles near coast
and things like that, but I'm wondering what kind of license does a
cruise ship or similar captain hold that would allow him to cross the
Atlantic? Also, the OUPV seems to be limited to 6 passengers?

To captain a large ship like that (over 100 tons) you need an unlimited
master license. It takes years to get that.

Steve

Since the OUPV requires 360 days of sea time, its a bit hard to get it
in less than a year.