posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Friday Sail

Capt.Mooron wrote:
Yes.... it seems they have quite a sag to them. No doubt they have been
either adjusted to their maximum available tension... which has become
insufficient due to their age.... or it's a case of blatant disregard for
the safety of those aboard by not attending to ship's duties and basic
upkeep.

Yeah they look like Robs been sitting and swinging on them. Also
notice the poor cut of the jib, all mis-shapen and bunched up by the
bow railings.

Maybe he can't see out of those rounded and tinted ports to see the
condition of his lifelines?

And notice the deck shot, it looks like a step down Pyramid with sharp
thin corner outlining the gull wing windows. An ankle breaker, toe
cutter if I've ever seen one. Man I thought those winders were flush
mounted, typical benny thinking.

In due consideration.... the foredeck of the
35s5 is not the most ergonomic or person friendly location on the vessel.
Maybe Bobsprit has not ventured beyond the cockpit due to a fear of slipping
off those raked coamings? :-)

Who can blame him?

joe

CM-

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..
I believe Joe was referring to their 'droopiness' , not
unlike the owner.

Scotty

"Capt.Mooron" wrote in message

"Joe" wrote in message

ups.com...

Capt. Rob wrote:
Another great sail aboard Heart of Gold....just Thomas,

Suzanne and
myself...

Sounds like a nice sail Rob.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/friday.jpg

Whats with the lifelines?

The lifelines are there Joe..... just hard to see in that

lighting. The
sails though... don't look like Mylar.

CM