posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Friday Sail

Another great sail aboard Heart of Gold....just Thomas, Suzanne and
myself...

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/friday.jpg

Winds were in the 9-13 knot range, caught some nice gusts as the sun
dropped. Quite a few boats were out. We sailed side by side with a J40
for a while and he was surprised that we stayed with him for 45 minutes
on a close reach...and so was I. Thomas is really enjoying himself on
board....

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Capt. Rob wrote:
Another great sail aboard Heart of Gold....just Thomas, Suzanne and
myself...

Sounds like a nice sail Rob.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/friday.jpg

Whats with the lifelines?

Joe

Winds were in the 9-13 knot range, caught some nice gusts as the sun
dropped. Quite a few boats were out. We sailed side by side with a J40
for a while and he was surprised that we stayed with him for 45 minutes
on a close reach...and so was I. Thomas is really enjoying himself on
board....

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...

Capt. Rob wrote:
Another great sail aboard Heart of Gold....just Thomas, Suzanne and
myself...

Sounds like a nice sail Rob.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/friday.jpg

Whats with the lifelines?

The lifelines are there Joe..... just hard to see in that lighting. The
sails though... don't look like Mylar.

CM

posted to alt.sailing.asa

--
"Swab Rob" wrote
Another boring daysail.....

Winds were in the 9-13 knot range, caught some nice gusts

as the sun
dropped. Quite a few boats were out. We sailed side by

side with a J40
for a while and he was surprised that we stayed with him

for 45 minutes

What you mistook for a look of surprise was actually him
trying to figure out how all of you fit into that tiny
cockpit.

--
Scotty
''One who never gets out of the Sound cannot, with

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Yes.... it seems they have quite a sag to them. No doubt they have been
either adjusted to their maximum available tension... which has become
insufficient due to their age.... or it's a case of blatant disregard for
the safety of those aboard by not attending to ship's duties and basic
upkeep.

Maybe he can't see out of those rounded and tinted ports to see the
condition of his lifelines? In due consideration.... the foredeck of the
35s5 is not the most ergonomic or person friendly location on the vessel.
Maybe Bobsprit has not ventured beyond the cockpit due to a fear of slipping
off those raked coamings? :-)

CM-

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..
I believe Joe was referring to their 'droopiness' , not
unlike the owner.

Scotty

"Capt.Mooron" wrote in message

"Joe" wrote in message

ups.com...

Capt. Rob wrote:
Another great sail aboard Heart of Gold....just Thomas,

Suzanne and
myself...

Sounds like a nice sail Rob.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/friday.jpg

Whats with the lifelines?

The lifelines are there Joe..... just hard to see in that

lighting. The
sails though... don't look like Mylar.

CM

posted to alt.sailing.asa
x x is offline

Limp lifelines.
Dirty Sail
Broken Dutchman System
Pretend Captain.

Time to reset my filters again.

Bart

"Capt. Rob" wrote
Another great sail aboard Heart of Gold....just Thomas, Suzanne and
myself...

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/friday.jpg

Winds were in the 9-13 knot range, caught some nice gusts as the sun
dropped. Quite a few boats were out. We sailed side by side with a J40
for a while and he was surprised that we stayed with him for 45 minutes
on a close reach...and so was I. Thomas is really enjoying himself on
board....

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Capt.Mooron wrote:
Yes.... it seems they have quite a sag to them. No doubt they have been
either adjusted to their maximum available tension... which has become
insufficient due to their age.... or it's a case of blatant disregard for
the safety of those aboard by not attending to ship's duties and basic
upkeep.

Yeah they look like Robs been sitting and swinging on them. Also
notice the poor cut of the jib, all mis-shapen and bunched up by the
bow railings.

Maybe he can't see out of those rounded and tinted ports to see the
condition of his lifelines?

And notice the deck shot, it looks like a step down Pyramid with sharp
thin corner outlining the gull wing windows. An ankle breaker, toe
cutter if I've ever seen one. Man I thought those winders were flush
mounted, typical benny thinking.

In due consideration.... the foredeck of the
35s5 is not the most ergonomic or person friendly location on the vessel.
Maybe Bobsprit has not ventured beyond the cockpit due to a fear of slipping
off those raked coamings? :-)

Who can blame him?

joe

CM-

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..
I believe Joe was referring to their 'droopiness' , not
unlike the owner.

Scotty

"Capt.Mooron" wrote in message

"Joe" wrote in message

ups.com...

Capt. Rob wrote:
Another great sail aboard Heart of Gold....just Thomas,

Suzanne and
myself...

Sounds like a nice sail Rob.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/friday.jpg

Whats with the lifelines?

The lifelines are there Joe..... just hard to see in that

lighting. The
sails though... don't look like Mylar.

CM

Sailing Boom Brake - Vangs - Sail shapes +more links Mic Cruising 0 November 6th 05 03:32 PM
Ping Thom. Peter Wiley ASA 27 November 1st 05 08:04 AM
Sail Ho! [email protected] General 1 September 9th 05 10:54 PM
rotating sprit sail William R. Watt Cruising 0 September 2nd 04 09:16 PM
Removing Adhesive from Sail Numbers on sail George and Vicki Hamilton General 4 December 22nd 03 02:43 AM