Lloyd Cimprich

Default Mercury Classic 50 (45 hp) 1998

Thanks for the great feedback. I will check to see if I can tell where the
kill switch is. As the engine looks like new and appears to be totally
original I have to assume it is a Mercury ignition system.

The original Mercury Shop Manual I bought is really good although pricey but
unlike the Clymer manual I got at first it is useful and specific to the 45
4cyl & 50 3 cyl of same era.

Thanks again.

" 5:That engine had been around for MANY MANY years. It had a great
reputation
and still has many fans today. Do yourself a favor and go through the

carbs.Make sure they are clean. When you
adjust the mixture, do it on a warm engine, running at idle In gear.
And oh yea, I had a few myself......