Glenn Ashmore Glenn Ashmore is offline

Default Moving to St. thomas USVI from Jersey.

I just spend an unending half hour on the phone with my brother-in-law
getting more details. You guys owe me big time. :-)

Here is the scoop. Moorings are controlled by the Coastal Zone Management
Program of the Department of Planning and natural Resources. First you have
to register your boat with the DPNR. Then find a spot that is
environmentally unobjectionable, does not interfere with navigation or other
anchoring permits. Then you file a bunch of forms with the CZM who then
inspect the site and issue a sort of zoning permit. At the same time you
file for a mooring permit. A permit is issued to the registered boat and
cannot be used by any other boat. You can't sell, rent or loan the mooring.

Evidently there is no waiting line just a lot of bureaucracy but the major
challenge is finding a spot in the first place.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 11:31:54 -0400, "Glenn Ashmore"
said:

Apparently the mooring permit is only
a couple hundred bucks a year but Skip has heard that they are hard to
come
by.

Meaning you have to bribe somebody to go to the head of the line?