posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
Muzz Muzz is offline

Default What Boat?

I have a Perception Contour, touring style kayak which I bought last
October. I have used it a lot and also bought an I3 for working on my
rolling, bracing and star training with the local club. So far I have only
done day trips but I want to start doing overnighters and maybe more.

I have decided to upgrade my Contour to a 'skinnier' model early next year,
most likely a composite boat.
I know this gets asked a lot and the best thing to do is to try a lot of
boats, which is fine if you have easy access to a lot of boats close by. I
live north of Inverness.

I will look into travelling down to Aviemore and SPS, but I need a shortlist
to start with so I tried to find some boats suitable for my size and weight.
I am 5ft 7in and weigh 70 Kg.
I started with about ten boats and eventually wittled it down to just the
Aquanaut LV and the Capella 163 or 169. I binned a lot of skinnier boats and
ones where the 'recommended load range' was high, although I'm not sure how
accurate this part of the selection process was :-)

So any comments on what I have or what I should also consider ? The Avocet
perhaps ?