posted to rec.boats.building
DSK DSK is offline

Default Hagerty Sea Shell

Tailgunner wrote:
I stand corrected. I just found this:

http://www.cohassetcolonials.com/abo...-sea-shell.pdf

$35 in 1947 for complete kit. Just wish the company was still in
business so I could order sailing kit which was lost over the years.

That's not a shell, that's a pram!

Anyway you could put a sailing rig on it from almost any
small boat. For simplicity I'd get the rig & daggerboard &
rudder from something like a Sabot or El Toro. The lug rig
off a Nutshell Pram (also sold as a kit, I'm sure they'd
sell you the rig) might look good on it.

For excitement, get a Laser rig and put it on.

The hard part is going to be figuring out where to put the
mast step & partners, then getting them perfectly centered &
aligned, then making them strong enough. A kit from 1947
wouldn't help you with that part anyway.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King