posted to rec.boats.electronics
Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default New WiFi Adapter

On 27 Jul 2006 12:15:00 -0700, "Queeg" wrote:

I bought the USB WiFi NUB-362. I am about to order the Hawking
Omni-Directional 9dBi outdoor antenna kit.

I assumed that the Omni-Directional antenna would be mounted on my
boat, cabled to the USB WiFi NUB-362. But in reading the description,
it appears that the Omni-Directional antenna emits, and does not
receive. Will it work with the USB WiFi NUB-362 to receive?

The antenna will both transmit and receive, no problem.

I assume you got the NUB-362EXT? You need the EXT model to attach an
external antenna.