DSK

Default sea nymph canoe

HeatMan wrote:

The Sea Nymph canoe I bought second or third (or more?) hand before my 14
year old son was born has a problem. The canoe has 2 floatation
compartments, one in the bow and the other in the stern. I inspected it a
while ago and found the Styrofoam(?) that provides the floatation coming out
in bits and pieces.

If you can measure the right amount of expanding foam to put in, that's the best
answer. However, it would only be a little more work and more sure result to
remove the bulkheads, put in a block (or cut sheets) of closed cel foam, and
then refiberglass the bulkhead into place.

Another option is to cut out the bulkhead and put in flotation air bags. I have
done this with a few small boats, they are less expensive than the right kind of
foam plus the fiberglass, lighter, and can be removed easily for
repairs/maintenance.

Fresh Breezes... or paddles... whatever
Doug King