posted to rec.boats.building
derbyrm derbyrm is offline

Default Headliner backing?

Varnished cheap plywood after you fill the flaws with spackling compound?
Sounds like a great use for these "door skins" people keep mentioning.
(I've never seen them in the Big Boxes I frequent.)

It won't be below the waterline for very long, if ever, and it shouldn't be
too visible.

Roger

http://home.insightbb.com/~derbyrm

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
I just picked up a roll of Nautolex headliner on ebay and am trying to
figure out the best way to install it. It needs some sort of backing to
keep it from sagging so my first thought was 1/8" masonite but masonite
doesn't resist moisture very well. Okoume is to expensive. Any ideas for
a thin sheet good that is moisture resistant, inexpensive and will take a
spray adhesive?

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com