Nick Nick is offline

Default Legalities of ust cruising around

Hi all,

I have a small pocket cruiser I'm seriously looking at, and I'm just
wondering if I am completely dreaming, in thinking I will be able to
just sail around Europe, assuming I have the skills. The boat in
question is in the UK, and it would be nice to just ... Go wherever my
heart desires. I'm not rich, and I'm not a spectacular sailor (yet) I
have only crewed so far. But, assuming I had the technical ability,
what stands in my way? Do I need special insurance for every 'border' I
cross? The more research I do do, the less 'open' the 'open water'
seems. Will everything just be a constant battle with red tape? I would
like the avoid the life of everyone I know who owns a boat, that works
full time just to pour money into, and never gets out of the bay. My
job finishes in November.

n.