posted to rec.boats.electronics
GBM GBM is offline

Default Wiring diagrams - what do you use?

It would be great if there was a simple drawing program that had typical
boat components as used in wiring an plumbing systems. But, I have not seen
anything like this.

What I have done, is just used Word or Excel. Sometimes you can find .jpgs
of the main components on the web or you can take your own electronic
pictures. These sometimes need to be scaled to a suitable size (can be done
within Excel). Place these wherever you want them. Make up sketches of other
items and place those, then connect the wires - the wires don't stay
connected as they do with special flow diagram software, but can be edited.

Another option, is to find a complete wiring diagram on the net (some
manufacturers have them) and then just edit it in Corel Photopaint or some
such program. I have one here, but it is an Excel file so I can't link it.

"Ants" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

Whats your preffered choice for drawing boat wiring diagrams? Most
electronics CAD software I have seen is more aimed at circuit layout
than wiring. Would be great to have somthing where you could connect
the points but move the objects around etc.

There must be an easy way of drawing these out?

Any suggestions much appreciated! :-)

Many thanks,

Anthony.